Impact Auto Auctions is Canada's leading provider of total loss management services. Our hybrid auction model connects the country's largest selection of total loss vehicles with thousands of buyers across Canada and around the world. For more information, please visit http:www.impactauto.ca/
The Project Lead/Business Analyst plays a key role in the Software Development Life Cycle and the delivery of quality IT projects to our end users. The focus of this role is twofold. First, to ensure that business requirements are gathered from our business stakeholders and clear and concise functional specification documents are delivered to the development team. Secondly, this role is responsible for the overall management of the delivery of the development initiatives and managing issues. The primary focus will be on ensuring the delivery of the project in a timely fashion that meets our business requirements. Additionally, the person in this role will be expected to actively seek out improvement opportunities to ensure that our systems meet and exceed our customer needs as well as respond to changing markets and competitive pressures.
This position is primarily focused on our Impact Online product, but will also directly interact with our desktop application initiatives and other projects as required.
• Provide a single point of contact for our third party development partner.
• Create business requirements documents that clearly identify the business need
• Create and maintain a project plan based on industry best practices and distribute project checklists with milestones/dates
• Be the IT business representative to work closely with the business stakeholders (operations, sales, buyer development)
• Setup and conduct meetings with stakeholders within IT and business
• Create and maintain project related reporting including project spending and milestones
• Collect and provide feedback to IT group (including third party partners) on customer satisfaction and user experience.
• Coordinate and organize deployment schedules
• Coordinate and participate in Quality Assurance and User Acceptance Testing
• Prepare and maintain project documentation
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Systems or proven hands on experience
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in Information Systems
• Minimum of 2 years of experience as Business Analyst, Project Lead, or equivalent
• Experience with software implantation and releasing is an asset.
• Excellent oral and written communication
• Ability to interact and communicate with external customers in a professional manner
• Ability to effectively collect business requirements and translate to functional specifications for the development team
• Problem/issue determination and resolution skills
• Ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Understanding of the automotive or insurance industry
• Support the project teams by managing and maintaining project artifacts (folder management, agenda prep, etc
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office required
• Ability to translate technical requirements/limitations to the business in clear and simple terms.
Interested candidates seeking the opportunity to contribute to a top performing auction facility must apply via the following link: https:kar.taleo.net/careersection/kar_can/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en; replies to this ad will NOT be considered!
We thank all applicants and advise that only those who are chosen for an interview will be contacted.