With its 480 employees, the Hôpital Général de Hawkesbury & District General Hospital Inc. (HGH) is a bilingual and innovative public hospital which has provided quality primary health care to the residents of the urban and rural communities of Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec, since 1984.
Our hospital offers a stimulating and fulfilling work environment for individuals interested in pursuing a career in a very progressive, but small community hospital.
The Human Resources Service is proud to say that it values its people. Our employees' commitment is to offer quality care and services to the community.
The RN acts as an expert resource for the provision of a range of mental health assessment, therapeutic and consultative services for clients, families of clients and the community at large.The RN provides crisis response, including triage, assessment, crisis management, and short-term follow-up transitional support activities in the scoop of practice.
- Bachelor degree in nursing;
- Certificate of registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Specialised certification in psychiatry / mental health from the Canadian Nurses Association (or in the process of obtaining the certification
- A minimum of five (5) years of recent experience in mental health in community and or acute care setting;
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and their significant others;
- Good knowledge of hospital psychiatric services and mental health and addictions community services;
- Good knowledge of the spectrum of issues related to mental health and addictions, pharmacology treatments and the procedures related to safety;
- Good ability in case conceptualization and psychotherapy;
- Teaches clients and family or personal support network members as required and/or other care-givers about illness prevention, health maintenance and health promotion strategies.
- Able to work in an autonomous way, with the support of a psychiatrist, when required and as per CNO standards;
- Able to work with a team and in collaboration with community partners.
- Possess strong problem solving and critical thinking skills and good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Possess a working knowledge of both official languages.
- Capable of working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, use of vehicle and insurance.
Hours of work:
Regular full-time: 37.5 hours per week (2 positions)
Regular part-time: 0.4
rotation: day/evening and weekend
Salary of Registered Nurse as per O.N.A. Collective Agreement.