We are seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor with Estimating and Drawing experience to join our clients award winning team! If you have excellent communication skills, strong client service mentality and a desire to succeed, please read through the following requirements to see if you may have what we are looking for!
- Project Coordination (ability to manage multiple projects at once)
- Cost Estimation and Material and Quantity Take Offs
- Custom Architectural Design work using SoftPlan
- Knowledge of Building Sciences, Building Codes and Residential Building Construction
- Excellent software capabilities including Excel and MS Project
- Processing new quotes from sales reps/dealers and entering into company database and assigning to appropriate Designer.
- Receive design revisions and revision sheet. Ensure there is adequate information and that package is complete prior to processing.
- Assist the Design Supervisor in proofing designs, permits and cut drawings, before they are issued to customer. Ensure completeness of customer requests, structural integrity, code compliance and general architectural design.
- Act as liaison between sales reps/dealers and design department. Obtain design information and dealing with outstanding amendments and contractual issues.
- Proof and carry out independent costing of proposes contracts and amendments to present them for approval.
- Proof quotes from window, truss and engineering companies to ensure that scope of project has been included. Review all final engineering for truss and frame structures within scope of contract
- Complete material take offs from working drawings utilizing Excel
- Review amendments and process change orders
- Obtain quotes from outside sources on custom items as per customer requests
To apply for this position email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing 199MF in the subject line, or call (705) 735-1707. If this position is not exactly what you are looking for, please contact our office directly to discuss your career goals and what you are looking for. Not all positions are advertised, so other suitable positions may be available.